Advanced Technology for Lasting Impressions
As in most other areas of our lives, oral care is going “digital.” By choosing the 3M™ True Definition Scanner, your doctor is using digital technology to give you the best possible care. The 3M™ True Definition Scanner is a digital intraoral scanner that captures a 3D video “impression” or model of your teeth. This impression is used to produce appliances and clear aligners.
The 3M™ True Definition Scanner is:
- Accurate: Resulting in nicer looking, better fitting appliances
- Fast: Small, lightweight wand for fast, easy scanning
- Comfortable: Especially for anyone with a low tolerance for traditional impressions
Types of Appliances
3M™ True Definition Scanner digital impressions can be used to make a wide variety of orthodontic appliances, including:
- Clear aligners
- Spring aligners
What to Expect
- Step 1: Your doctor or clinician simply moves the scanner around your mouth, capturing video of all sides of the teeth and gums.
- Step 2: You can watch the 3D model of your teeth appear on the monitor in real time. When the scan is complete, you and your doctor can review, zoom in or out, and rotate the image to get a true picture of your oral anatomy, so you can ask questions and better understand what’s being done.
- Step 3: The orthodontist will use the 3D image of your teeth to determine the best treatment options for you and how they will get you to your final result.
- Step 4: Should you choose a customized appliance, like customized lingual braces or aligners, your doctor will send this digital impression to a lab who will make your appliance.