The Carriere® Motion 3D™ Appliances are used to correct either an overbite or an underbite. Traditional treatment for this type of occlusion can include headgear, surgery, and extractions, all of which are eliminated by the non-invasive, sleek, and aesthetic Motion 3D Appliances.
Which Motion Appliance is Right for You?
Regardless of your occlusion, the Motion 3D Appliance creates an aligned bite before your braces are even put on. By doing this, your orthodontist can shorten your treatment time for the most efficient experience possible.
The Motion 3D Class II Appliance is designed to help the lower jaw move forward to correct an overbite.
The Motion 3D Class III Appliance helps the lower jaw move backward to correct an underbite.
Benefits of Motion 3D
- Fast: Correcting bite problems at the beginning of orthodontic treatment can shorten overall treatment time by up to four months!
- Gentle: The low force, low profile design of the Motion 3D Appliance eliminates poking of the lips and cheeks.
- Aesthetic: Unlike bulky headgear, the Motion 3D Appliance is discreetly hidden inside your mouth.
Motion 3D Appliance Reminders
• Replace your rubber bands often! Every 4 hours is ideal, removing your rubber bands during meals only. Be sure to have your trusty rubber bands with you at all times. Anything less than 20 hours/day will not achieve the desired result.
*no need to wake up in the middle of the night to change rubber bands. Have a good night’s sleep!
• Do not wear your elastics without your retainer. Doing so can have adverse effects to the alignment of your lower teeth.
• If your appliance becomes detached from your tooth, it is not an emergency, BUT, you should call the office to schedule an appointment to have it reattached. Stop wearing your rubber bands on both sides until it gets repaired.
• Feeling discomfort or pain? Some discomfort is common. Take pain medication as needed (ie. Tylenol/acetaminophen or Motrin or Advil/Ibuprofen)
• You should refrain from eating any hard or sticky foods while wearing the Motion 3D Appliance to prevent the appliance from breaking. Try to keep your food bites smaller and remember to brush and floss after every meal! Please read the attached food list dos and don’ts.
• Take care of the lower clear retainer. Remove the retainer when eating. Do not chew the retainer or it will get perforations or flatten and lose its shape and will no longer be usable. Brush it twice a day using toothpaste and a toothbrush. Keep it in your case when not in use. Do not wrap it in a napkin so it doesn’t get thrown away accidentally. Keep it away from pets who think it is a chew toy. Call the office in the event you lose it or need a new one.
• Try your best to keep all scheduled appointments. Your treatment will go faster if you do. It’s a great appliance, so let’s hurry and show off your amazing treatment results!
What you can expect:
As the elastics are worn, the upper teeth will be sore for the first few days. This will only improve if the elastics are worn consistently. The upper teeth anchoring the elastic will eventually feel loose and small spaces will open between the upper front teeth. These changes will lay the foundation for an excellent final result.